Position Title: FACILITY MANAGER
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Other Key Relationships: Ministry leaders (staff and lay leaders), Volunteers
Scope of Job: The Facility Manager is responsible to oversee the ongoing maintenance, upkeep and custodial care of all church owned or leased property and facilities…including but not limited to; buildings, grounds, mechanical equipment, security, furnishings, storage and vehicles.
- Oversee the following facilities management initiatives.
- Building Maintenance – ensure upkeep and care of all buildings Housekeeping – manage service contract, volunteers, staff
- Volunteers – build, train and manage teams of volunteers for service
- Security – ensure safety of grounds, building, assets and people
- Grounds – manage lawn, snow, landscaping, garbage, sign and pond service contracts and promote upkeep and beautification of the property
- Vehicles – manage upkeep and use of church owned vehicles
- Systems – oversee contractual relationships, inspection and service timeline for all operational systems
- Inventory – maintain an accurate log of all church owned assets
- Building use – assist in managing all building use (internal and external) and ensure timely communication
- Prepare and provide work order proposals (need, timeline, cost) to supervisor and prioritize and coordinate all operational projects.
- Support ministry leaders and members with timely response for all requests related to use of building and grounds.
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with all operations vendors and service providers including local fire, police and other public offices.
- Manage room use protocol and standards. Manage accountability for all users to these standards.
- Support, with personal and/or volunteer help, the setup and tear down for all building use at scheduled ministry activities.
- Manage a comprehensive preventative and predictive maintenance calendar of all operational equipment and systems in the facility.
- Oversee the purchasing of supplies and other items to ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Support the oversight of the following facilities management programs.
- Energy – track usage, manage all utilities systems
- Parking – maintain lots, coordinate traffic control with volunteers and as needed with local authorities.
- Emergency response – develop, train and post emergency procedures
- Be an advisor to the Operations Team, Security Team and to other operational teams that may be established.
- Prepare and manage an annual operating and capital budget for all areas related to facility and grounds.
- Develop, maintain and implement a comprehensive Facility Operations Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Manage ministry use within the facility ensuring compliance to code and other regulations and best practice.
- Assist in planning and manage special projects related to improvements, enhancements and extraordinary maintenance.
- Build and manage work teams to assist with care and upkeep of building and grounds.
- Other duties and responsibilities requested by supervisor.
- Be a team player and cooperate with other staff, Elders and leaders to promote and achieve the mission of the church.
- Be creative and intentional in developing service opportunities for volunteers.
- Promote volunteer needs and build community within the facility management volunteers.
- Attend church functions, events, meetings as requested.
- Serve as a staff liaison to various committees and teams as assigned.
- Participate and assist with general office activity.
- Maintain a growing relationship with the Lord.
- Have servant heart and “can do” attitude. View job as ministry to serve others.
- Ideal candidate will have previous church maintenance or facility management experience or relevant transferable experience.
- Ability to multitask and maintain proper priorities.
- Maintain wise and disciplined stewardship and support of the local church with the resources (time, talent, finances) entrusted by God.
- An additional requirement of this position is to have adequate physical capacity to fulfill the varied job responsibilities. A suitable candidate will be a self-starter, able to work alone or with teams and be in good health with the ability to lift or move heavy loads (example: stack and move 37 chairs on cart).
- Open to flexible work schedule based on varied weekly schedule of events on the church calendar.
Interested: Send resume and cover letter to Gordon Spahr at
Prepared: July 2019