40 Days for Life 2021
Wednesday, October 06, 2021
40 Days for Life is an international effort
to end abortion
Dates of Aurora 40 Days For Life Prayer Vigil: September 22 – October 31
Community Fellowship Vigil Day: Wednesday, October 6 from 7am – 7pm
Vigil Location: Planned Parenthood - 3055 E. New York St., Aurora, IL 60504
To Sign Up: Text CF40DAYS to 630-416-9277 or CLICK HERE to sign up for your preferred hour
Who can participate: Individuals, couples, families, small groups, ministry teams, friends…
Note: Plan to be at the vigil site in Aurora for your entire hour (or longer) – but if your time is limited, stay and pray for any portion of the hour that you signed up for.
DID YOU KNOW...
-IL has some of the most liberal abortion laws in the US.
-Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Aurora is the largest in the Midwest.
-Estimates of 300-400 baby’s lives are lost each month at Aurora Planned Parenthood.
-Up to 75% of women will be a “no show” for their appointment when there are people peacefully praying outside the abortion clinic.
THINGS TO KNOW AND WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Pray before you go!
- Parking is available in the south parking lot (facing Planned Parenthood) at Waterleaf or behind Autozone.
- Restrooms are available at Mariano’s grocery store.
- Reminder – this is a multi-church peaceful prayer vigil. There may be people from other area churches present at the same time. We are united in praying for LIFE.
- Please do NOT engage if counter protesters are present and active.
- Look for 40 Days for Life signs and if there is a Vigil Day Captain on site during your designated time – check in with them.
- CF hopes to have a designated staff, elder, deacon and/or members of the CF Little Feet ministry on site during each hour.
- Prayer guides should be available at the vigil site – but feel free to bring your own prayer guides and Bible.
- Pray alone or if you prefer with someone else or even with a group.
- Check the weather forecast. As needed plan to bring a chair as well as an umbrella, blanket if the weather is cool and/or damp.
- Waterleaf is an organization that helps give women clarity and counsel when considering abortion. The Waterleaf property across the street from Planned Parenthood, will provide a safe and good place to stand, sit during the prayer vigil.
NOTE: If you are not able to participate in the vigil on October 6 - feel free to sign-up and participate on any other day. Go to 40 Days for Life for more information and to sign up to participate on other days between September 22 – October 31.
PRAYER MATTERS - Thank you for your partnership in PRAYING FOR LIFE!